If you’ve come across the double exposure look – where two or more images are blended together – and thought “wow, I could never make that”, you’d be wrong.
This surreal and dreamlike effect can be achieved in just a few taps, with our favorite tool of all time – the blend tool (shh, don’t tell the other tools).
But before we get there, here are some expert tips and tricks.
Use it for:
- One-off social media campaigns
- Event posters, covers, invites, and posts
- Album covers
- Book covers
Get it right by:
- Using a light and dark image.
- Using contrasting detail e.g. a simple portrait with a busy landscape.
- Using the mask tool to erase areas of one image (if you’re feeling brave).
- Using the Screen blend mode for the top image layer – this will blend the images together.
- Playing with Opacity to create your desired effect.
Try it yourself